- Custom speed profile support allows the use of custom speed profile (binary) for specific needs. User may load as many custom profiles on the IDU as required. The file loaded will override the default profile with the same speed, modulation, datapath and ACM setting. The custom profile may be removed at a later time and the user may revert to the default profile for the given speed combination.
- Ethernet port rate and utilization counters provide individual port utilization in Mbps and percentage over the period of twenty seconds.
- Remote link status reporting is added to display locally the status of the remote end radio. Remote status will only show when local radio link is locked. The status indicator will provide information on the remote link lock, RSSI, MSE and current Rx modulation profile.
- Two level access is added to the web interface to provide a view only user and a user with configuration rights.
View/first login user: admin pw: trango
Config login (after view login) user: config pw: trango
- Web interface error messages are updated with more detail on the failed command.
- Automatic loopback diagnostic function. This feature will disable Ethernet ports, turn ODU power off, run loopback IF and loopback DIG, capture the results to a file for later display, then turn ODU power back on and enable the Ethernet ports. This is especially useful for running a diagnostic loopback on a remote radio.
- New threshold parameter for link down. Allows the link down threshold to trigger alarm, trap, RPS or hardware switchover as desired.
- Link status recording for future diagnostic comparison. This provides an internal tool to capture the current system condition when radio is in a good running condition as a baseline for future reference or diagnostic data.
- Reload in a given time allows the user to pre-program the radio to reboot the system after a given time (in minutes). This is useful for testing a feature that may cause link loss or other management inaccessibility. After the given time, the radio will reboot to the saved configuration and potentially provide a backup method to recreate the link.
- Linktest feature added to the web interface. This allows users to run a repetitive linktest similar to the CLI command and display the result in the web browser.
- Add web page refresh rate configuration to allow the user to set the frequency the web pages refresh from 5-60 seconds. Setting the refresh to 0 will cause the pages to not auto refresh.
- Quality of Service improvements including DSCP and WRR support. Allows the user to configure QoS setting including QoS mode (strict or weighted round robin) and map DSCP tags to priority buckets for each port.
- General web interface enhancements
- Configure syslog level.
- Configure threshold settings.
- Change SNMP community strings.
- Display min & max tx freq range when configuring ODU frequency.
- Remote status display at top status bar.
- Uptime to use system uptime instead of SNMP uptime.
- SNMP OID harmonization between products. Must use the new Trango-PTP-MIB which is also compatible with GigaPlus 3.0.
- Allow standard SNMP OIDs for linux features to monitor the radio CPU. (Ethernet ports that show as part of the standard IF-MIB are for the radio management and not the radio’s data ports as the data ports do not run through the CPU.)
- No longer required to turn opmode off for frequency changes.
- RSSI & MSE to display as N/A in the web interface when no ODU is detected.
- Default speed change to 30 MHz qam32 to provide maximum bandwidth and system gain with no license key.
- TDM status reorganized on web interface. Only the relevant status indicators will display for T1 or E1 mode. Values that are on/off are indicated with a green or red dot instead of 1 or 0 as the used to be.
- Command server crash which caused management to become unresponsive has been fixed and additional diagnostic functionality has been added to catch any future issues.
- IBM setting for ge2/SFP port.
- OMU PLL unlock at cold temperatures by reloading the proper calibration data.
- Upgrade via FTP or TFTP per the instructions in the release notes.
Condensed instructions: (detailed instructions are available in the release notes)
- Transfer the image upgrade file to the radio. (Do not un-tar the file.) Either download the file from here and transfer with TFTP, or pull it directly from our FTP server.
- Issue cli command <bootimage upgrade omu>
- Reboot the ApexPlus.